Now that you know what Ruby is, it's time you get up to speed with Ruby on Rails! This full-stack web framework is all about letting you build applications quickly. Its elegance, flexibility, and speed make Ruby on Rails a popular choice for startups, so taking the time to master it can pay huge dividends down the road. In this course, you'll follow along with the instructor as he uses Ruby on Rails to create an ozone air quality monitoring weather app. You'll understand Ruby on Rails in just two hours and know how to use it to build awesome web apps.
4.0/5 average rating:
★ ★ ★ ★
- Access 28 lectures & 2 hours of content 24/7
- Learn how to build your own apps w/ Ruby on Rails
- Down & install Ruby on Rails
- Understand basic terminal commands
- Host web apps on Heroku
- Follow along the instructor as he creates an Ozone Air Quality Monitoring Weather app
- Program the app to pull Ozone Air Quality weather data from a third party government API
John Elder | Founder of Codemy
4.4/5 Instructor Rating:
★ ★ ★ ★
John Elder is a pioneer in Internet Marketing who created one of the first Internet advertising networks back in 1997. He sold it to a publicly traded company at the height of the dot com boom and then went on to create the best-selling Submission-Spider search engine submission software that's been used by over 3 million individuals and small businesses in over 45 countries. Today, he teaches Web Development courses at Codemy the online code school he founded. John graduated with honors with a degree in economics from Washington University in St. Louis where he was an artsci scholar.